HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Because I Must.

"Do what nature demands. Get a move on--if you have it in you-- and don't worry whether anyone will give you credit for it. And don't go expecting Plato's Republic; be satisfied with even the smallest progress, and treat the outcome of it all as unimportant" - Marcus Aurelius

This is my blog reboot! I let go of something that I enjoyed because of fear. Fear of not knowing why I was doing this in the first place. Fear of it not becoming 'something'. Fear of not having direction. Fear of being judged for my thoughts. Fear of upsetting people. Fear of thinking I'm not good enough. Fear of not thinking I have anything worth sharing. Just good ol' fashion fear.

But something is happening within me. A realization that I am the only one who can control or get rid of my own fear. The realization that in order for me to be truly and deeply happy I must honor what my soul longs for. As the beautiful quote above illustrates, I mustn't do something with the end game in mind. I must do something because that is what the universe wants and needs me to do.

I need to fill my soul by sharing stories and thoughts. I need to find different ways to express my creativity before my soul goes dark. I need it in order to have the light and love to give to my family. I need it so that my children will look back and read my words one day.

So I'm rebooting. I'm just writing words. Seeking the light. Looking for inspiration. Truth telling. Being me. Seeking to tap into that childlike curiosity for life. I don't offer promises of frequent posting or life alterning DIY's. I just offer myself. And that has to be enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment