HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Recap


Labor Day is officially behind us and I must join the outpouring of people who are just ready for Fall! I love Summer. I do. But Fall is my jam. It's when I just feel so alive and excited for just about everything...

It's not just me..Aiden is absolutely over the moon for Halloween. In fact, he told us this weekend he likes Halloween MORE than Christmas! We'll see if that sticks come November. He was already busy making masks, decorations for the house and even drew a map of the yard with plans for decorations. Things are getting serious.



This weekend was a really great way to say farewell to summer. I helped Chad work on his homebrews which was really fun. I can NOT wait to taste them. We have two beers bottled and getting all yummy in the basement as I type. We lit a fire outside even though it was probably too hot...but it didn't matter...like I said, ready for fall folks. We talked about things that we dream about and hope for, listened to a football game old school on the radio and pretended it was 15 degrees cooler.

We had some quality family time hiking in our area and letting Aiden climb on the great rocks on the Pigeon Hill Trail. I wish these rocks were in my backyard because I don't think he'd watch TV ever again. What a dream that would be. Piper continued to practice her walking skills (and staring in pure envy at big bro climbing the rocks). She's SO CLOSE! I hope she gets it soon because I feel her frustration to want to be 'free'. We grilled and chilled and even made one last trip to our neighborhood Pool.

Sunday we got to hang out at our friends' home and light a fire (a little cooler for that one) and we had a blast. Talking, laughing, jamming! My kind of night. Monday we kept it going strong with ANOTHER cookout with said friends. I was in bed by 8pm (I'm telling you..it's hard work having fun) but I was all rested up for another week of school. 

The best part? I don't really have many photos to show for it. I did manage to grab a picture of our little Nittany Lion but the rest are from last week. It's not an accident. I feel like sometimes I get so caught up in capturing a moment that sometimes I miss it completely. Not this weekend. I was pleasantly present and it felt great. Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. What are you most looking forward to this Fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment