HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Greetings!


              
And what happened then...? Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day!
And then the true meaning of Christmas came through,
And the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches… plus two


This blogging stuff is hard. Not hard to write (well, sometimes it is truthfully) but rather finding the time to write and to write well or something of interest. Sure, plenty of you out there are far 'busier' than I am perhaps. However, try as I might I just haven't found the energy or time to give to this blog and that saddens me. However, what doesn't sadden me is that what I have been doing is giving of myself and giving that energy to my family and focusing on being back to work.

The quote above always makes my heart burst this time of year. We watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" or read the book. I LOVE reading the book. I've been working on my "Grinch" voice for years and it turns out it might be too good according to Aiden. "Mom, that's scary!" Either way, the ending lights me up. I'm not a Grinch at all. No, no, no. I love Christmas. But this part I relate to in a different way. In this moment in time. Over the past 4 months I feel like my heart, too, has grown three sizes. I worried, as many Moms do, that I wouldn't have enough 'love' to give to two (or more...depending on your family size). But the wonderful thing is that your heart expands, grows, and makes room for more love than you could have imagined. Even on the most difficult days you find the strength of ten Grinches...plus two! Am I right?
             

And so I while I am planning on giving this blog thing another go, a reboot of sorts in 2015, I unapologetically have been consumed in my life. Wrapped in little tiny toes and big boy wishes of Christmas. This holiday season I made a vow to not make too many plans, to spend time with Aiden talking about Advent and the 'true meaning of Christmas". I finally feel like he's old enough and his enthusiasm over it is the best Christmas present I could get. I managed to get most of my shopping done early enough so we could just enjoy this time of year instead of frantically rushing to 'buy, buy, buy". After all, we also learned from the Grinch that "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more."


                

Excited to share our Christmas décor and much more with you in the coming week :) Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment