HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy as a Bloomin Flower...



                        

Here are just a few things that made me smile this week:


- Witnessed my first organized sport game as a parent and realized I have the makings of becoming 'that parent' one day. Really never thought I'd find such enjoyment in watching Aiden learn a sport. I surprise myself everyday.
                           
- Spring is here! Who didn't celebrate that this week? Flowers bloomed in our yard and it just looks and feels great.

                         

- French Café radio: I watched Blue Jasmine this week and it was great but I mostly just love any soundtrack that incorporates that jazzy French music ("When Harry Met Sally", "Something's Gotta Give"..heaven). No better way to compliment the feelings of Spring than to listen to this station on Pandora. It takes the edge off of spring cleaning. I felt like I was in a Woody Allen movie or walking the streets of Paris. A girl can dream no?



- Backyard projects are taking shape. The garden bed was built and other projects are coming to life. Lots of paint involved but I am really happy. Check! Feels good to stop talking about it and do it. More on that down the road.
- Art: Oh my gosh! I am not an art person AT ALL. I frame random pictures I find online and the nicest piece I've ever bought was in the Marietta Square for $60. But I can't WAIT to share with you the painting we just had done for us and the story behind it. My expectations were mild and it has blown me away. Let's just say it takes my love of all things beachy to a new level and I will stare at it every day for the rest of my life. True love. (any tips on framing a big piece of art?)




I hope that you all have a spectacular weekend. Put that phone down a little, enjoy the simplicity in small moments and roll with it! XO



      

No comments:

Post a Comment