HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Monday, March 3, 2014

Go. See. Do!


Photo Courtesy of Ecocamp.com

Last weekend I had the pleasure of dipping my toes in the ocean, walking on the beach and bringing home more shells to add to the already ridiculous collection I have. My home is decorated as if I'm trying to rent it out on VRBO at the beach and yet I live in Atlanta. I'm okay with it though. I love the ocean, the waves, the way my hair smells after a day at the beach. Those shells and that d├ęcor serves as a reminder of a slice of my happiness. It will be my final destination one day. Coast TBD.

This weekend I caught myself dreaming of the mountains too. I equally love spending time amongst the trees. A campfire. A hike. The sound of a stream nearby. Perhaps what it comes down to is my love of nature. Be it closer to the clouds or near the sea I am happy there. This realization about myself has really come to life of the last few years. I spent a good chunk of my 20's enjoying the city life that I didn't give much thought to leaving it behind. Now that I'm out of the city, I don't know if I could ever go back. I used to daydream about a condo overlooking Lincoln Park in Chicago but now I dream of a few acres overlooking anything BUT buildings.

The above quote captures my current state so well and the state of my spouse. We're one in the same when it comes to 'going'. We are always (and I mean always) talking about where we want to go. It's not always far or costly but the topic always sneaks its way into our conversations. On our immediate list; Charleston, Savannah, back to Blue Ridge, back to Asheville, Greenville. This is of course scratching the surface of where we will most likely end up at some point. Our big bucket list is well, big, so that will take a little more time. I'm hoping to build out my "Get Lost" section with an abundance of ideas for you of where to go and what to do (coming up...Clearwater Beach, FL). It's what we do and our son loves it too. Never have I met a 4-year old so obsessed with hotel stays. He'd be a great critic. He knows what he likes.

But we love taking him places, and I hope our newest addition wants in on that action as well. There is so much beauty out there, places to see and experience. So if you're hesitating from booking that trip, or driving to that town for the day...DON'T! Life is short. The world is grand and it is there to enjoy.

Where are some of your favorite places to go? Travel? Get away? I'd love to know. Perhaps I can add them to my list.



No comments:

Post a Comment