HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Subliminal Reminders....


"The things surrounding you in your home serve as subliminal reminders of you who are." ~ Denise Linn


The day begins....I drink my southern pecan flavored coffee, make breakfast for my family, get my little guy ready for school, check a few emails, do drop offs and come back and start my work. It can be redundant some days. I forget to take inventory of how easy my mornings are...even silently complaining that I don't have more time for 'me' to do yoga or hike or just read. I focus on work but working at home my thoughts drift to things I wish I had; a new coffee table, a rug, luxurious bedding. I forget to practice gratitude for what is surrounding me. The quote above jumped out at me when I read an article last night. When I sulk about not being where I think I should be in life or that I haven't accomplished something or better yet...my journey to discover what I should be doing, what I am passionate about, I need to take stock and just look around for the clues are right in front of me, plain as day.

Deep in my heart and soul I know what I want but am afraid to go for it. And why? Fear of failure? No one noticing? Looking stupid? I want to get 'lost' and be the me that is inside of me. I get closer every day..ready to surrender to it. My home serves as a reminder of what makes me tick. The details are in the fabric. I am ready to leap, to let go, to just be. To not be held back by negative thoughts that what I have isn't good enough. I'm exactly enough and am capable of things..things that I don't even think I know yet.

I look around my office and the pictures I have picked specifically to serve as those subliminal reminders...adventure; love; peace and in that I am ready to be wonderfully lost once more.








2 comments: