HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Friday, September 20, 2013

Moon over Marietta....




We all change throughout life, develop new interests or better yet find an interest or voice we never knew we had. That's what makes life so grand. Constantly evolving as people....

For example, in my headline I mention "Living Simply". Tell me that I'd love that idea 10 years ago and I may have belly laughed. Living simply means a multitude of things to me...things I'll spend time writing about on this blog.


You may laugh (if you know me) but I have this hippie-like side to me. It's been DYING to come out for some time. The side that reads articles about spirituality, yoga and astrology. I just find it so interesting.

I'm combining two thoughts from two separate articles I read this week. The first article was a post by a Mom on The Huffington Post about how she was "e-toxing" to be a better Mother. Essentially, her kids called her on the carpet that she spends WAY too much time tied to her electronics (Facebook, Email, Twitter,etc..). Are we not all guilty of that in some way? She listed her steps to e-toxing and taking it all down a notch which is to say she should shut it off around her family and create boundaries. She also works from home and I can relate to what she is saying. It's hard to separate the office from home and I have caught myself lately on my phone WAY more than necessary. In fact, it makes me sad when I notice it.

The other article from this morning is about the Full Moon that is occurring tonight and how we can choose to harness the energy and make it work for us (this is the part where I expect to get  a few eye rolls or laughs). You can read all about it here.
    

The idea is that "The full moon is a time of positive opportunity if you use it correctly.  It can increase your positive energy or conversely, it can wreak havoc on your emotions." I don't know about you but I believe it. I can be in a foul mood for no reason at all and I'm going to start blaming the solar system. Time to turn this around for the better.

What do these have to do with each other???? Okay, okay...

This weekend I am going to harness POSITIVE energy, be happy, fulfilled, notice the beautiful things around me (including my family). I'm going to let the moon work its apparent magic. Part of what I need to do though is to put away the tech. No emails, no texts, no Facebook....just be in the moment with the people I am with at that moment! There is no reason I should be pinning anything on a Sunday.

I encourage you to join me on a weekend-long e-tox. It will be a challenge because I typically do not do detoxing well...but I think the pay out will be well worth it! Have a wonderfully simple weekend.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment