HOME                    ABOUT ME                    GET LOST                    MOTHERHOOD                    PERSONAL

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Little Cup of Green Magic!!!

This morning I woke up still feeling the aftermath of a cold that was kindly passed around by the Lil' Fella. I felt groggy, tired, congested and for some reason could only think of ONE thing that could turn this around; my favorite smoothie from my favorite smoothie shop in Marietta.

I discovered I really liked smoothies when I was pregnant with the Lil' Fella. After I had my first two breakfasts of the day (yes, two...usually some sort of combination of pop tarts, syrup and a drive through McDonald's to hold me over) I'd waddle over to Jamba Juice for something to take the edge off. However, in hindsight I don't really count those smoothies as they were more or less calorie bombs that were delish! I always picked the one with the most calories.

When we moved to Marietta (precious town outside of Atlanta..which I'll talk about much more later) I started taking Yoga classes at BeYoga Studios and inside I discovered UpDog Smoothies and what a healthy smoothie should taste like.  UpDog Smoothies is a small shop located inside the studio. Everything is fresh, organic, oh so wonderful and they have a stellar staff.


For those of you who are reading this that are in a different state right now (thanks family and friends) these smoothies would knock your socks off and I'll take you there when you come to visit. If you're not a smoothie person I can change that with one visit. Guaranteed! My 3 year old even enjoys them.

 I've tried many different combinations but the one I go back to again and again is the Tadasana; a combination of Kale, Spinach, Pineapple, Mango, Lemon and agave nectar. I know, the color freaked me out the first time, because drinking something THAT green didn't seem natural. You're just going to have to trust me though. It's so amazingly delicious I can't stand it.  Not true. I can stand it...I get them whenever I can.Not just because of the taste, but I swear I can tell when I have been drinking them consistently. I feel healthier, my skin glows and my energy skyrockets. Maybe it's in my head . Maybe it's the combination of yoga and smoothies. I don't care. I have drank that Kool-Aid and it tastes good.

I have been wanting to hop on the "Juicing" bandwagon, especially after I watched the documentary, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. If you are looking for something to motivate you to be healthier watch this immediately!  However, I'm trying to live simply and be more frugal and that doesn't involve buying a $300 juicer just yet. I'm in the market for a great blender so I can experiment with these smoothies at home, but for now I'll allow my friends at UpDog to keep me feeling good!

Give this one a try when you can! Do you have any favorite smoothie combos you could share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment